Are Family Petitions An Option For You?

Family unity is always important. The ties are so strong that often one member of a family will assist other members of his or her family to immigrate to the U.S. to reunite with their loved one.

Depending on the country of origin and the VISA Bulletin, a single son or daughter, minor son or daughter, mother and father can be petitioned to become legal permanent residents and five years later a U.S. Citizenship. If you have a fiancée abroad, a person can apply for a K-1 visa to come to the United States and within 90 days must get married to the U.S. Citizen.

All immigration is complex and family based immigration is very complex. Depending on the status of the family member in the U.S. and the relational nature of the relatives who wish to join them, the process can be convoluted and lengthy. At LTI LAW, APC, we can help you understand the steps that are necessary and the process.

Immediate Relatives And Family Preference Categories

Citizens can apply for immediate relatives, who are classified as spouse, unmarried child who is less than 21 years old, or parent. The advantage of this classification is that they do not need to wait for a visa number.

The other classification is family preference, which includes the spouse or unmarried children older than age 21 of U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents as well as a variety of other related persons. The disadvantage of this classification is that there are rigid limits on the numbers of visas available each year. In addition, the visas are limited by a number of other factors, such as region.

Because of the demand, it is important to be certain that you make no mistakes during this process. If an application is denied, you may be forced to start all over from the beginning. Given that this process sometimes may take a decade or more, Carlos can help ensure that everything is done properly to avoid delays or requests for evidence.

Contact Us For Help

Call our lawyer for a free consultation as soon as possible. We can help with your immigration issues related to family petitions in California. Call our Chula Vista office at 619-591-1494 or use our online form.